Volunteers Pam and Ed Perry, Richard Burton, Sue Emily and Ollie Bradley, and Mark de Cates
Joining our Scheme
The Annual membership fee is £25 per annum at whatever point in the year you join.
Membership is due for renewal in April
Once we have received payment a membership card and key code for the pedestrian gate will be sent to you.
If you are interested in becoming more involved with the scheme we are looking for new committee members as well as always needing volunteers.
The main gate giving vehicle access is open every Saturday 10 am - 1pm ( weather permitting)
A pedestrian gate allows wheelbarrow access at all other times.
- Sort green materials into different types, such as soft non-woody plants, lawn clippings, small woody herbaceous plants, and branches no larger than 4” diameter
- Put green materials in the appropriate bay – as labelled
- Put leaves in the leaf bins – clearly labelled and separate
- Remove potted plants out of their pots – we cannot shred plastic of any kind
- Cut plants off rootstocks – we cannot shred rootstocks
- Take your plastic bags home with you
- Do tell your gardener (if you have one) that your membership is only for your garden, no one else that he or she might work for
- Share membership correspondence with everyone in your household so everyone has up to date information
- Ask us if you have any questions. We are always happy to oblige, either by email, telephone or on site every Saturday morning
- Leave branches more than 4” diameter
- Mix up materials
- Bring wood with nails, twine or plastic
- Leave plastic plant pots (these are allowed in your green recycling bag)
- Bring sods of turf, clods of soil, potbound plants, non-green rubbish. Turf will compost down in your own garden
- Leave plastic bags on site